Gamma-Iota History: 1919-1949
1919. In 1919 The Sycamores petitioned to become a chartered chapter of The Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity. This was drive was headed by Eri J. Shumaker and Dudly Dawson. The Charter was approved on June 11, 1919, transforming The Sycamore Club into the Gamma-Iota Zeta of Lambda Chi Alpha. Gamma-Iota was the 52nd chapter to be founded nationally, and the 4th in Ohio, after Western Reserve, Akron, Ohio, and Cincinnati. At the time of the charter, most of the 92 members of The Sycamore Club would become initiated members of Lambda Chi Alpha.
1930. Fireside Story: The Good Old Days by Clark Morrow, Class of 1930, GIZ 149
16 Members initiated @ $30.00 a piece.
Actives monthly dues: $48.00
National Dues: $1 per month
Associate Dues (Pledge) $7.50
1944. When 1944 rolled around “The Ranch” was sold, and the men moved into a temporary residence at 325 W. Broadway known as “The Doll House.”